Thursday, April 28, 2011

SURPRISE

My little sister Sarah sent me the best email yesterday.  She is coming for a week to visit!  It totally made my day and I am so looking forward to running my long weekend run with her, doing a track workout with her, and just being together.  It will be so much fun and totally wish that my big sister Jen could be here as well but I will take what I can get!!

                                  (Sarah and Henry at Christmas 2010...my kids are just as excited as I am)

Also... I have was wondering if anyone has ever tired to freeze their Gu's before a long run?  I have been using them for my long runs but hate how warm they are from being shoved in my belt next to my warm body.  I am heading out for 22 miles today and was thinking of popping them in the freezer or at least the fridge for a little before I head out.  Anyone?
-Heather

9 comments:

  1. wish I could give you some advice on GU, but it makes me throw up (literally). I DO however, keep my beans in the fridge all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I wish I could be there with you too girls! Oh, and I am not sure about freezing GU either but I say give it a try =) Might be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've kept them in the fridge before a hot run and it's been fine...never for longer than maybe 90 minutes beforehand though. No idea if that's bad or not but it warmed up eventually anyway once I started running.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for sister run time, that's awesome! My sis only runs a few miles at a time but its really special when we get to go out together! I've never freezed Gu's...interesting thought though. Let us know how it goes if you try it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yayyy! my sis is coming to visit in about a month and I cannot wait to run with her!!

    good luck on your 22! I have never tried to freeze GU before but maybe it could be okay if you do not leave them for a long time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! That's nice your sister will be coming! Fun times!

    Freezing GU? I've never heard of this brilliant idea! I will try! It gets hot here in So Cali and I'm up for putting all my running fuel in the fridge now! Thanks for that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! I wish my sister could come visit me! I have never try freezing GU before, because I hate GU!! However, I will give that idea to my hubby who loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never done that before but it sounds like a good idea. I would stick to the fridge though. Not sure what may happen to frozen GU!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww..such an adorable picture! I've never heard of Gu until now! xoxxoo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...