Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I almost took a week off.... oh yeah and an EARTHQUAKE!

So Tuesday morning I woke at the crack of dawn to run my 20 miler. (normally I go on Saturdays but we are thinking about camping this weekend so I needed to get it done)After an hour of dilly dally I made up my mind that I wasn't going to do it.  Even though I would be back around 9-9:30 it would completely wear me out and ruin my whole day I just knew it (or at least this is what I kept telling myself).

I was dreading it so I crawled back in bed to hear my husband say that I should at least do something??  What!? Boy this upset me so I got up and did P90X back and biceps.  Then when he finally woke I told him that I was burnt out and really needed a week off from running.

It was settled... I was taking the week off and only doing workout videos.  As the day progressed I kept thinking about running.  It was interfering with my work thoughts.  It was driving me nuts!!  Needless to say by the time 6:30 rolled around I was out the door doing my tempo run.  It looks like the aftermath of Irene is going to hit this weekend so that means no camping.  Which means back to my 20 miler on Saturday.

So in the end I didn't end up taking the week off.  I guess as much as I would like to sometimes, when I am in training I just can't seem to relax.

This is the breakdown...
6 miles with 5 miles at 7:50
Mile 1 - 8:51
Mile 2 - 7:41
Mile 3 - 7:47
Mile 4 - 7:49
Mile 5 - 7:52
Mile 6 - 7:27

Done and Done!

I know I look super cool here with my socks and all but I had this set up going on for a shoot so I thought I would capture myself after my run.

Breakfast for dinner I say..

My version of a "healthy egg sandwich" although there is still bacon and cheese so I wouldn't say it is that healthy.  But I cook the bacon in the microwave on this tray that allows all the grease to drip off and makes it super crispy.  I love it.

Whole Wheat English Muffins
Crispy Bacon
Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar and Mozzerella mixed in.

Salt and Pepper and Done!
Simple, fast and delish!

These are my most favorite English Muffins EVER!


Please don't be grossed out!  I just wanted to show you how much grease comes off!

SO GOOD!

I did Tracy Anderson on Monday and will be doing something tomorrow I don't know what yet. Insanity was supposed to come today and it didn't.  Totally lame so I am not sure what I will do.  Thursday will be my track workout, Friday maybe Tracy again and Saturday will be the dreaded 20 miler at 8:45 pace.

In other crazy news an EARTHQUAKE was felt in NYC yesterday.  I was working in my studio when I realized things were shaking.  At first I was like.. "What are they doing to this building?" And then I realized no this was definitely something else.  It was small and thankfully everything was ok and no one was hurt but then it got me to thinking about what if.....  and I don't even want to go there because it just freaks me out!

Do you ever take a week off??

Don't forget to enter our awesome GIVEAWAY!!

XX
Sarah

7 comments:

  1. You look so cute in that picture!

    We felt the earthquake in TORONTO too! How crazy is that?? It was all over the news!

    Going to enter your giveaway NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently they felt the earthquake just down the road from us, but our building got nothing...maybe it's just really sturdy.

    That sandwich looks incredible and I don't even eat meat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't feel the earthquake, but scary for everyone who did!
    I saw your title and though, "what?" but then kept reading, it didn't last very long, haha. I think it's good to take time off sometimes though, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eggs, toast, and bacon. OH MY..does it look delicious!!

    And, um, your hubby gave you a guilt trip for not running while he was asleep?! And then you got up and did stuff? You're a lot nicer than I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    I have been taking the last 3 weeks off from running. I hurt my foot when I did my Half marathon. Thought I had a stress fracture but ended up just bruising some tendons and so I have had to not run for 3 weeks. It has been hard for me. I didn't realize how much I liked running until I wasn't able to run. I can't wait for your giveaway. I have my fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tempo run and that sandwhich looks delicious. You look gorgeous in the picture! :)

    So scary about the earthquake, I will be crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First things first, the egg muffin looks amazing! Second, thank goodness the quake wasnt worse right!? That stuff scares me to death.

    I do take the week off! I'm not afraid to take the ENTIRE week off. I've been running nonstop for about 3 years now and I finally made myself aware of the fact that I can take an entire week of without anything going wrong, infact, it often times helps. Just do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...