Monday, January 10, 2011

Staying Motivated

This was me after a nice summer run.  I like to stretch against that brick wall behind me.


For most of 2010 I have been injured.  Injured enough to keep me from running.  I have been running for a few years now and I would say it is my favorite workout. That being said, because I haven't been able to do my favorite thing, I have had to look for alternate options.  It is easy to get down on yourself when you physically can not do the things you would like to do. So this is what I do to keep my spirits up!
I try out a new classes at the gym (this was when I was at 24 Hour Fitness). Yoga, Spin, Bootcamp etc.  Anything that would keep me moving but took the impact of my leg.  Currently I do not belong to a gym, so I try other at home methods.  DVDs are a great way to keep me moving at home.  To keep from getting board with DVDs, I play them on my laptop and then have a TV show on in the background.  This will distract me from getting bored while I am doing the same moves. I was doing the P90X series for a while but recently I have been changing it up. Netflix has a lot of different workout option DVDs.  I rent them and if I like it, great! But if I don't, I just send it back to try another one.

The most important thing here is staying positive.  I try to remember that with most injuries, they will heal over time.  It is being patient during that time and finding alternate plans of working out. I think of it as a time to get to try something new! To get me out of the rut of doing the same thing over and over again.  Remembering your body loves to change it up.  I may even loose a pound of two, or even better tone my body in a place that was not being targeted before. 

For me it's staying positive, staying motivated, being creative and before I know it, time will fly by and I am back to doing what I love again!


This is Scott my husband handing me flowers after my marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...