Friday, February 25, 2011

Oatmeal, is it healthy?

While I was browsing around the New York Times I found a very interesting article from Mark Bittman.  For those of you who don't know who he is, he is a Food Columnist  for the NYTimes.  He is also a runner and has come out with a cookbook.  I like him, he is on the Today Show a lot.

Anyways, he recently wrote an article about Oatmeal and MacDonald's.  McDs is now selling oatmeal but in all true form of McDs it always has added ingredients.

I enjoyed this because many times when we think we are getting the healthy option but in reality we are not, and it would actually be better for you if it was made at home.  I am a huge advocate for cooking at home and packed lunches.  Although MacDonalds can be cheaper than preparing a whole meal at home it is far from healthier.  When we are healthy we are happy! 

I love oatmeal and I actually prefer is over what Starbucks or Jamba can offer you.  I like to make mine with water.  Zap it in the micro, add sliced banana a little bit of maple syrup, cinnamon and a tbs of almond butter.  Then I am set to go!  Keeps me going all morning long.

Read more about NYTimes article HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...