Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Whatever Works =)




So lately I have been thinking about all the different things that keep me motivated. And then I started to wonder what keeps other people motivated? I have lots of friends who enjoy doing the same things I do. So I started to kind of listen to people talk after a run or workout to see what differents sorts of things motivate different people. Here are a few:

One girlfriend of mine said this after doing 4 x 1 Mile Hill Repeats:
"Now we get to eat go home and eat Bon Bons!!"




Another friend of mine said this after running on the dreadmill:
"I was watching the biggest Loser and seeing all of those people work really hard made me want to finish my workout although it was horrible and on the treadmill!"



And:
"I love a runners high and now I get to have one all day!"


Another Food Item:
"Now I get a Protein Shake."




So, some of them are motivation to eat more, some are because they enjoy the feeling they get when completing a workout, and others seem to find inspiration from watching other people work hard as well. The whole idea of, "If they can do it, I can do it"

So I ask all of you, what motivates you?

P.S. These cute pics were made by my girlfriend Susan who is currently training for the Ragnar SoCal. Go SUSAN! Sarah and I were privileged enough to run with this team last year for the Ragnar Relay Wasatch Back but couldn't fit it in this year! GOOD LUCK LADIES =)



1 comment:

  1. It's food. Always has been, always will be, my motivation! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...