Friday, May 13, 2011

Hello! I have decided I am going to do a Tri =)



I decided a couple of weeks ago I was going to try my first Triathlon. So being that it is going to be my first I am going to do a the Anthem Sprint Tri. This is a tri in my area that includes a 525 meter pool swim, 11.7 mile bike ride and 5k run.  I am pumped about it =)

At first I was kind of hesitant wondering what the heck I was getting myself into but after going for a couple of bike rides....(of course right now my main ride is a Trek Cruiser which I do LOVE but don't think would be the best choice for race material....) I am liking the idea more and more. Plus, this decision is coming at a time when I feel like the marathon training is just wearing me out. I am logging lots of miles and trying to do all kinds of speed work and it is just exhausting.  So throwing in a swim and a bike ride are just doing wonders for my morale.  Spice it up they all say.... and I agree. It helps.

So whose with me? Let's all do a some kind Triathlon and then we can compare notes. I love hearing about other peoples experiences, what they like and what they didn't.  I literally do file all of it away and refer to when necessary.

Because of this decision I decided I need to learn how to swim better.  To take care of this little dilemma me and a couple of my friends enrolled in a swim class at our gym.  I do know how to swim but regardless, you can also get better.

Me sporting my new swim suit and Speedo goggles (I found on sale, thank heavens... I already spend so much money on running workout stuff I could hardly justify throwing a new sport into the mix.)



This is me and my friend Tara who is joining swim class with me. She is a rock star runner and all an together incredible athlete.  And you see that pool behind me. FREEZING. We thought we'd be tough swimmers and use the cool pool, but once we realized the "teaching pool" was so much warmer we switched. Now I know why my 5 year old has no problem hopping in the other pool. It was like a crazy 80 degrees!




Once I figure out how to swim correctly, I will also need to learn how to bike. Although going to spin class is a killer workout I am not sure how that all plays out when you are really outside.

Wish me luck. Happy running, swimming and biking =) -Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...