Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rain Rain GO AWAY!!

I probably picked one of the worst springs to train for a marathon.  It really has not been spring at all.  The weather is still either raining or freezing cold.  I ran my long run last friday in 35 degree weather with head wind which I swear was the entire time.   Then these pictures were taken when we got up early saturday to beat the rain and got stuck in the rain big time.  Ahh the joys. I knew that Nikki and Bryan are always up for a run no matter what the conditions are. All that aside things could be a lot worse.  My heart and prayers go out to all those that have been affected by the horrible storms that have swept through the south.  

P.S... So I stuck my Gu in the freezer for about 30 mins then in the fridge till I left for my run.  It worked out PERFECT.  My husband likes his Gu warm.. yuck.  Whatever floats your boat I guess but if you don't like it warm give it a chill before you head out the door.  I know you will love it
-Heather

1 comment:

  1. Huh, I never thought about putting gels in the freezer. Good idea! Hope the weather improves soon- that's a bummer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...