Friday, July 29, 2011

What to do...

This summer is really flying by.  We have been doing a lot of this....


But I know that right around the corner this is coming...


I am just trying to decide what to do until it gets here.  I know that I want to fit in a couple more races but I am just having a hard time getting myself to sign up for them.  I think it is because I was just so bummed with the way the marathon went that I am a little afraid to sign up for another long race.  I am pretty sure that I over trained for my first marathon.  And that was the main cause of my knee.  I followed the same plan as my sisters who had both already ran a few marathons.  I am going to try to get a long run in tomorrow.  Long run meaning  7 or 8 miles.  Running with a good friend so hopefully it won't feel that long.  But yet that will have been the longest I have ran since the  race.  Anyone else ever find it hard to sign up for stuff even though you know that it would be fun and you really should??   Hopefully after tomorrow I will be signing up for the Bear Water Run which offers a 10 mile and a 20 mile race.  I will be doing the 10 mile.  Then will also sign up for the Mankato Half Marathon.  Wish me luck...
-Heather




2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that pool pictures, Summer is seriously the best!

    As far as the races go I think you will love the half marathon distance. It is so much more doable than a marathon. Best of luck with your training and you races. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me! I know how this feels. I sign up for races and especially this year I get disappointed at times and am not able to show up. It kinda makes me wanna find races where you can train for them and show up and pay to get in the day before. Not many of those out there though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...