Monday, June 25, 2012

Races and Places

How was your weekend? We had such a great weekend over here!  Scott took a summer Friday(whole day) and so we decided to head out to the beach.  We only lasted about an hour to an hour and a half but it was still fun.   We got stuck in a major crazy storm on the way back and because we were not sure when it was going to be over we had to drive through it.  We were on the motorcycle so we got soaked!

Also to start the weekend off right I got my order of Healthy Bites from Cotter Crunch!  They are so so good!!  We have been major addicted over here and are having trouble not eating them so fast.



So down to business...  Anyone signed up for races this fall? I am so excited because Attica Athletic will be at both the Women Rock Half Marathon Expo and the Lady Speed Stick Half Marathon Expo!!  They are both in the end of Aug and beginning of Sept.  Just a week apart AND my sisters and I will not only be running the booth but running the races too!!  We are so excited, so if you live in MN or your are planning to run these races come visit us at the booth!!  We would love to meet you AND you can check out the Attica skirts!



I have also started helping/training with a friend of mine out here who wants to run and so we have set a goal for her to run this Central Park 5k Fun Run on Aug 11th.  I am really excited for her and it will be a great race!


 I am trying to convince the hubs to run the 4th of July 10k on Roosevelt Island but he is just not sure yet.  I have never had so much fun just signing up for shorter races before.  I used to only sign up for full marathons which are great BUT a lot of training goes into them and right now I just want to run for fun!!

What races do you have coming up?  Anyone gonna be in MN and stop by :)

Do you prefer longer or shorter races?

XX
Sarah


11 comments:

  1. No races planned for me. Well, to be honest, I've registered for a trail marathon and a trail 50k but I'm struggling with Achilles bursitis right now and probably won't be able to run either.

    Sounds like you've got some fun ahead of you! Whee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no bummer :( I hope for you a speedy recovery!!

      Delete
  2. My sister and I are doing a 10k this Saturday actually! Then there is another race in August and one more in September. It gets pretty quiet here in Australia in terms of races towards the end of the year (way to hot!) so my next race after September won't be until January! Maybe I'll have to search around for some smaller local races to keep me going :)
    Sounds like you are all going to be having a great time. Maybe bribe your husband with some more treats from Cotter Crunch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is a good idea!! Have fun with your sister this Saturday! I love running with my sisters. Way more fun than running alone. :)

      Delete
  3. if i bring healthy bites, can i come visit and do that race? fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those races sound like fun! I've fallen in love with half marathons this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with ya! Still good training but not overload like a full marathon.

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try those Healthy Bites so bad! Everyone is posting about them and saying they are so delicious. I must put an order in soon!

    I used to prefer longer races but last year I started doing 5K and 10K races and actually had a lot of fun. Like you said, long races take a heck of a lot of training so it's nice to just go into a race, take less than an hour to finish and then you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is whoa awesome that you will be able to have a booth AND run in the races!! I have a half marathon in September, and a race each month until then varying from 8ks to 10ks. Happy running!

    ReplyDelete

  7. I also agree with you ..... very useful information for us ...... keep it up thanks for this..........






    QTP Training


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...