Thursday, June 2, 2011

LAST LONG RUN BEFORE GRANDMAS!!

YES, this morning I am up early yet again to go run 17 miles. But I am thrilled to say this is the last long one before Grandmas and I am going to go slow, relax and hopefully take some pics of some good scenery where I run.

This is me, right now at 4:50 am waiting for my friend to come and join me yet again on another early run showing you how THRILLED I am that this is gonna be my last long one for a while. I know I look like a freak, but so be it.  You would too if you had spent the last several months waking up around 3:30 or 4 in order to eat breakfast and get dressed so that you could go run for hours at a time.


As much as I do love running, I also do love taking breaks and letting my body recover.  So it's taper time.

I am also known to get kind of crazy during taper time... all of this un-used energy that is typically depleted starts building up.....but more on that later.  I am out the door =)

Happy Running -Jen

9 comments:

  1. Nice job with the training! I'm from Minneapolis orginially, so I'm very familiar with the Grandma's Marathon! Good luck! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calm before the storm!!!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, girl! Hope you can relax a bit during your taper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great run!! and I know exactly what you mean about it being nice to take breaks. I always feel that way when going back to school after visiting home. While I am planning on running a marathon, running's definitely not my only form of exercise because much of it's in the gym. But when I'm home, there is no gym so I'm usually running 5-6 days a week. I love it..but it's nice to break it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so close now! you are soooo ready.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO READY for this race. Go show Grandma who is boss!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...