Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Essentials

So I slept in on Monday which meant it was way to hot to head to the track so I did P90X Legs and Back instead.  All was good except I knew my legs would be sore the next day for my track workout.  Oh well....

So yesterday morning I headed to the track to do my Run Less training plan.
The Breakdown
10 min warm up
1200m @5:10, actual 5:14 (slow start, I blame it on my sore legs :))
1000m @4:16, actual 4:15
800 m @3:23, actual 3:24 (dang a second off)
600m @ 2:31, actual 2:30
400m @1:39, actual 1:35
15 min cool down

I would walk 200m in between intervals.
Overall I was tired and a little sore but determined to knock it out!


Nothing better than taking some airborn to avoid any summer colds!

Now down to my essentials for summer...
I made a kind of new salad yesterday that was so good.
Mixed greens with spinach
Black Beans
Corn
Avocado
Crushed up tortilla chips (just a few)
Fried Egg
Salsa

Mix it all together with Salt and Pepper = so good!


Something else I cannot live without is sparkling water.  I don't drink any soda so water can become very boring.  I have gotten to the point that I could drink club soda aka sparkling water all day long! It just tastes so good and refreshing.


Last but definitely not the least is my Runner's World mag that I got in the mail yesterday!! Woot! Woot!! This one looks like it is going to be a good one.  Guess I know what I will be reading for the next couple of days.  The new Fall Shoe Buyer's Guide is in it, I still haven't found my perfect need for speed track shoes and so excited to read the guide.  I did a quick flip through and the New Balance 1400s seem to be exactly what I am looking for.  Think I will head to the store this weekend to try them on :)


Today : Tracy Anderson
Thursday: 7 mile Tempo with 5 miles @8:05
Friday: P90X Arms maybe?
Saturday: 17 miles @8:55

What are your essentials for summer?

XX
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. I'm jealous--I always seem to get my Runner's World a day or two behind everyone else!
    Great job on the speedwork. So...I'm committing to Run Less Run Faster for my first marathon, and starting Monday. So excited!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't check the mail yesterday, but now I'm going down there right after this! I hope my magazine is in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice workout! Track workouts hurt so so good! The salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will also be following the Run Less Run Faster plan. Nice workout! I am a little nervous about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love water plus cucumber slices! I drink tons of water to begin with and during the summer I drink it by the gallons. The cucumber changes up the taste just enough without being boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you totally rocked the speed work!!! awesome! i finally got my RW on monday and am so excited to sit down and read it. good luck on your workouts the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try an egg on a salad! Sounds great.

    Gotta love P90X!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still love love your haircut! It's so super cute and sassy and you can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the 1400's, hope they work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just finished reading that magazine! loved it. Makes my day! Nice job at the track lady.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...