Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Recap NY Mini 10K

This race was so so so much fun.  It was the 40th anniversary of the all women's race and I was happy to be a part of it. My goal was that I didn't have one and since I was in the port-a-potty when the gun went off I knew I was just going to have fun.  The race was packed! It was hard to pass people even if you wanted to.  I came in at 56 mins which was around a 9:10 min pace.  I was really happy with myself because I was able to cheer on a ton of women as I was running.  It wasn't until the last 800 meters that I decided to go all out and book it to the finish line. (also I really need to go to the bathroom) I looked at my watch in the last bit and I was up to a 7:21 pace and it felt great!

Here are some of the pix that we got.  Scott came with and acted as the photographer for the event.  He even threw up a tumblr page which you can check out HERE for more photos!! Everyone had awesome style for this race, it was great!!


This was me! 1087!





Only one more day of no internet!  I cannot wait!!

AND CHECK OUT THE ATHLETARIAN!!!  She did an AWESOME review of the new Attica Skirts!!!

XX
Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I was at the Mini too and had a great time! Not my best race but I'll def do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for me this race is more about having fun than anything else. I will be doing it again next year for sure!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that looks like an amazing race! Just in going through the pics, I think I saw Mo Farah, Davila, and Steph Rothstein. And a bunch of other top runners that I wasn't as familiar with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I think that may have been Bernard Lagat instead of Mo Farah, but still - tons of top runners there! And that is cool that Black Girls Run was there, I read a great story about them in Runners World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes tons of great runners! It was so much fun!

      Delete
  4. These are some great pictures from the race!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...